Travis Dickerson Recording Studios Forum

General => Older General Discussion (read only) => Topic started by: Chris DiCicco on June 26, 2004, 02:58:18 AM

Title: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on June 26, 2004, 02:58:18 AM
I just got finished Reading Harpo (Marx ) Speaks with Rowland Barber everything from behind the scenes to Russian spy stuff and the Joy of other stuff , But what made me want to write about it was the club Harpo was a part of, was the Thanatopsis anyway rush out and go get it if that aint a shameless plug I don\'t know what is? Fun Times, Funnier Man, but he won\'t shut up, but then agien I geuss thats the point.

Chris ;D
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Travis on June 26, 2004, 09:49:28 AM
I just read Stefan Kanfer\'s "Groucho". I\'ve always been a big fan of the brothers on and off the  screen. Thanks for the tip.
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on June 26, 2004, 04:15:10 PM
Yes Groucho Chico Harpo with Zeppo and Gummo all make it in and out of this book Other things I found was why a duck . com and it said that Harpo\'s Wife died in 2002 ( little Late ) I\'m thinking she must have been well past  9? ...

Good the Movies (tomanytoname) have just come and gone on DVD (errr) but thats my bag, to slow I guess the later movies without Zeppo are out and Love Happy is comeing out in August, ok ok suggested veiwing (ifyoucanfindit) In A Nutshell made in 1982 this documentry is chalk full of the Marx Brothers X Wives friends writers directors all pretty ancient or middle aged.

Anyway Dats all for now

HONK HONK

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on June 27, 2004, 02:11:39 PM
interesting and complicated people.

wasn\'t she pretty young when she married Harpo?

re-reading bushwhacked, then the clinton book, guess my next book bucks go to one of these - thanks for the tip off Chris & Travis!
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on June 28, 2004, 04:02:42 AM
As much as I care not to give them other peoples business I got mine at Borders I\'m shure they\'ll either find ya one or try and send ya to another store.
I get so Mad at they\'er computers all I want to do is rippem all out plus the place could hire like 17 more people to replace the computers Filers, public helpers, phone operaters, but NO... Ok Ok I\'m all fired up now everyone knows my insane thoughts, I know this ain\'t the Bucketboard but does anyone work for Borders out there in Internet Land Anyone.

Entering Tunnel Effect

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 18, 2004, 02:12:52 PM
 :D has anyone read What if Our world is their heaven: the final converstions with Phillip K Dick I have a feeling this will end sorta bad (i.e.) His Death...

But anyway the book Idea in question here is An Owl In Daylight, which sadly never got written but sounds so cool a long detailed description has been taped about hearing color and  seeing sound, don\'t know but Ozzy er Black Sabbath has a song like that ... tasteing color and seeing sound?!?

I have yet to finish don\'t spoil it, if you\'ve read it

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 18, 2004, 02:25:47 PM
Hi Chris, I found very interesting what you´ve comment about hearing colours and see sound. There\'s no death in that, but life, and I know what I am talking about. Maybe you want to change some ideas about that whit me.sarawangen@hotmail.com
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 18, 2004, 03:49:25 PM
Dear Sara,

There is Death everywhere in the corner of your minds eye, next to you when you sleep, at work when you you weep and when Androides dream electric Sheep , this has followed me for long time even though I start everyday I live everyday like it would be my last... Scary ar\'nt I .. poam ref. to PKD and James Dean oh and Death.

Some thing to think about ...

I start somthing about Harpo Marx then I repond to the cool people then I revive this topic about something else and someone picks up on a musical refrence that I don\'t really know about and completly oblitrates all I was trying to say Now I gotta share my thoughts ( WARNING I\'M NO GOTH ) with someone about Death and Tasting color er somthing, I love the Internet. How\'s my Poerty fire away I can take it

 ;D
Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Sara Wangen on July 18, 2004, 05:20:03 PM
Dear Chris, You say death is everywhere and in every corner but I still call it LIFE. I don\'t see death as death or something bad, I see it as a passage to another level of conscience, and even when I see death around me and around this world I try to see some explenation for that. I think if something bad strikes me I try to take something good out of that. All my life I have to deal with death, since I was a baby. Some kind of dark force try to took me way from my mother\'s arms, but her strainght saves me, them my parents put me in a spiritism center to know more about the other world and the conection with this fisical realm, than I start to study celtic\'s magic and runes. Last year my beloved companion dies of "sudden death". But he still whit me, and left me 2 wonderfull daughters(that\'s life...)  Now I pratice a kind of meditation when I see the other realms inside and hear the so called inner sound. It´s wonderfull but sometimes is very scary. I will send one of this days some poems I\'ve write.
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 19, 2004, 02:57:27 AM
Bingo but No thats bad had a thought but no its gone...

Tottl unconshush speling here this erks me to rite this..

Help me Webster help me .

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 19, 2004, 11:30:42 AM
death and life are love and sex - they are not what they are to you to me

they never can be

Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 19, 2004, 11:34:05 AM
Webster has a special place in his heart for you, Chris... even i the super-pedant have no mind to recast your spelling to suit the norm.   :-*
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 20, 2004, 10:48:27 AM
Chris - finally got all the software loaded on my new PC - here is the clip Chris Moss did to go with my painting Creative Flow

speaks directly to your "hearing colors" remark

http://www.gkg-arts.com/creative%20flow.wmv
(All music by Chris Moss hi-fi ninja©2004 Buddy-on-a-slab music™)
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 20, 2004, 11:55:51 AM
to gkg

All I get from yer link above is gibberish code gibberish code gibberish code maybe I\'m not ment for sutch art (yet) I may or may not be switching over to a laptop come Christmas or sooner I running off on a tripley overhauled windows 98 so thats good maybe, then I can expreince yer an Chris Moss\'s collaberation. But anywho still hav\'ent finished What if Our World is Their Heaven , yes its that good and oh so informative, and finally the spelling issue I\'m Sorry for scaring off Sara its just I spend massive amounts of time perfecting my Knowhow over typing and the written word ( soon to be extinked ) that I some times super impose my standered on others but thats my bag... Sorry

Chris

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 20, 2004, 12:22:16 PM
Chris - do you have windows media player or the like loaded?  that might be the problem, since this is a music video clip...

you could try going to my site //www.gkg-arts.com and play it direct from there?  there\'s a link to it on the opening page...  worth a shot maybe?  it\'s short, but it\'s good - you feel the firestorm of the "Creative Flow"

 :-*
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 20, 2004, 03:30:28 PM
 :-/ Nothing like that loaded and did the other suggestion yer gkg-art pages is under my bookmarks along with numerouse others like imminthehuzzi so yeah did try that other way but alas was unsucsessful....

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 20, 2004, 04:22:57 PM
sounds like you need to look for some free software online that will play video.  that should do it.

meanwhile - more poetry, please...
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 20, 2004, 05:56:41 PM
Hi Chris: You dind\'t scares me off. I just wanted to shear my thoughts. I know you are not a GOTH, because I know a few and I know what they feel about death. I\'m a person whit a very hard life but I try all the time beeing positive about things and life.
One of my poems about life:
"Sadness and happyness?
What it is?
Is just duallity!
Duallity of just one feeling,
but each part opposite to each other,
but deep in side they are all the same.
Sadness and happyness?
They are two opposite forces of what we know as self-realization.
Feeling one and feeling another?
What is the problem?
The secret is how to balance both and then we acomplish the Big self-realization!"
(sorry about the writing. My english is not very good, and I just transleted this from portuguese).
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on July 20, 2004, 06:06:48 PM
portuguese!?  cool.  i lived in brasil as a small child.  hardly speak any at all now.

your approach to the happy/sad dichotomy doesn\'t really take depression or other people\'s reality into account... but it\'s a nice approach, none the less.  very upbeat.
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 20, 2004, 06:31:21 PM
Yesterday and today I\'ve been with some hippie friends in the woods near a lake, and we \'ve been playing african drums, sax, austrilian instruments, birimbau(capoeira instrument). voices and so on. It was wonderfull, all connected by the sound, dancing balanced with Mother Nature. And a few of us was doing some capoeira to. I pratice here in Portugal some Capoira fight. I\'m on mother\'s vacation. I have my 2 little daughters spending 2 weeks with grand parents on the north of Portugal. I realy needed this 2 weeks for my self. I even restart to write and painting.
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 20, 2004, 10:02:20 PM
 :D ah then Ohla commo esta thats it my Portugues Niehboors drilled into me they moved to Florida one had a stroke and was sideways walking around the apartment complex I miss them the rumour was they were here sents this place opened in 1998, don\'t know why they wanted to move to Florida ... No thats Spanish I wrote spanish feneticly HA HA HA what a white person I am, I wish I knew some Portugues , I dig Italian and Manderian but can\'t speak them worth a lick, It was my old art teacher who spoke Japanes er Chinese? in his dream and then he was like cool I can speak this in a dream... Sara I\'m Sorry when I first joined this forum (thanks Travis ) many many posts ago I would bend over backwards to spell things right lucky I found an out dated Websters Dictonairy in the trash but befor that I was nothing but a wacko ( see insert to the left ) if I had a red hat that would look just like me.

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 22, 2004, 10:38:37 AM
Another one of my writings:

Drums are filling the air with they\'re sound.
Bodys are under the Sun, starting to sweating with the hot air and the rhytm.
Men and women,
two energys balenced by the harmony of the rhytms coming from the sounds of the drums,
and we are doing and dancing the rhytm of creation.
My body starts to let the sound of music enter...
All my being starts to  dance,
I feel the vibration of the rhytm flowing into my physic to the non physic.
Colors, shapes, movements are flowing freelly around me...
I see the sorrounding energys, of the wind and the Sun,
of the beings of water, earth, air and fire,
creating such an harmony...
that I\'ve got a glimps of the fifth element,
the perfect and supreme being, the energy of creation,
the source, the Love... what that\'s create and all vivify...
That\'s us, in our perfection!!!

Sara Wangen
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 22, 2004, 06:29:01 PM
Hi Chris:
Portuguese is a little bit like spanish. What you\'ve wrote in kind of spanish/portuguese, correctly is: "Olá, como estás?" (Hello, how are you?)
The answer is: "estou bem e tu?" (I\'m fine, and you?)
If you want to know more you wiill be free to ask.

Sara Wangen :)
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on July 23, 2004, 04:27:14 PM
 :o sounded like you sneezed

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Wangen on July 23, 2004, 08:57:50 PM
 :D2nd lesson:
" Bom dia. - Good morning"
" Boa noite - good night"
 "Gosto de tocar guitarra - I like to play the guitar"
 "Alguém lê isto... - anyone read this..."
 "Está calor - It\'s hot"
 "O Sol está a brilhar - The Sun is shining"
 "Estou a ouvir a minha banda favorita -  I\'m hearing my favorite band."
 
Ask and I\'ll translate. :)
It\'s 34º C and it\'s 3:56 am.

Sara

Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on August 09, 2004, 11:57:15 PM
  I am stuck reading The Rum Diarys by Hunter S Thomson...
Anyone read this..

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on August 10, 2004, 10:16:34 AM
"stuck?"

he\'s a crazy man.  wonderful but off the plank.

you know there\'s actually a webring devoted to it... Rum Diary i mean.
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on August 10, 2004, 10:31:50 AM
 :P webring whats a webring? is it some sort of Loop we like loops! Nah! he wasn\'t all that crazy when he wrote it he was 22 and not yet seeing bats or fish head crazy\'s, I know it would be kinda dangerouse and I\'m probably not going to do it but what if there was a drinking game to go along with this book?
Fantastic reading thou not as sucked throo the gils as his others are...

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on August 10, 2004, 11:49:47 AM
less crazy, but really, i do think he is thinking on a slightly different plane.  and i like that about him.  the booze & drugs took him way off into the yonder, but even early on, he had a different way of looking at things.  or so i see it.

the drinking game thing would be a gas.  dangerous, but that sort of is in keeping, yes?
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on August 10, 2004, 12:09:01 PM
 :D HST is now 67 and just released a new book called Hey Rube leastways he ain\'t Naked on the backcover like his last book and yeah when I start the game.
rule 1
drink when ever the charecter Kemp has a Rum ( perferably Rum for the game ).
drink when ever they go to Al\'s.
rule 2
listen to Porto Rician music real loudelike or knockoff american music
rule 3
if you you find yer self in a conga line yer winning, but if you fall your trampled yer loseing or you drunky...
If you win go ask Sweep for a hamburger but if you lose have another drink...
I don\'t know, you got something better lets hear it.

Chris

Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on August 10, 2004, 12:10:52 PM
 :o how do I know he\'s 67 we share the same Birth date
July 18th

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on August 10, 2004, 12:32:16 PM
\'cause i met the man when i was a teenager - and that was long before you were born.  you\'ll just have to accept it - you are not hunter thompson.  
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: Chris DiCicco on August 10, 2004, 01:47:30 PM
 :o NO NO No he was born 1938 No I\'m not HST I\'m that thing on the left with the red hat I\'M WACKO NOT GONZO NO no no this book I herd was only a rumour to be made into a movie , Rum Diary\'s Directed by Benico Del Torro? me thinks that the correct spelling.

Chris
Title: Re: Anyone Read this..
Post by: gkg on August 10, 2004, 01:58:56 PM
tee-hee - fractured logic bound you up again, i was only teasing.  HST wouldn\'t be caught dead in Davis...  ;)

yeah - directed by Benicio Del Toro - that would be interesting...  i\'ve heard Johnny Depp might be involved too.  Del Toro has several things going on and has announced for a movie playing Che Guevara... i\'m actually hoping to see Viggo wind up in that one since i\'m sure filming in Argentina would be a positive adventure for him.